Saturday, September 26, 2009

Enjoy the little things

Todays wish: I wish everyone would think of the little things that make us happy, more often.

In ode to todays wish, below is a list of a few little things that make me happy. Hopefully one of these will put a smile on your face as well.

Listening to the sound of my husband breathing as he sleeps next to me.
The look on my dog's face when she returns the ball.
The feeling of sunlight on my face.
Enjoying the company of old friends,who you know love you no matter what.
Making cookies with a child, your mom or your grandmother.
Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
Dancing.
Cuddling up by a fire with a good book.
Stargazer or Day Lilies.
The smell of rain.
A night out on the town.
Thanksgiving with the Porter family.
An ice cold glass of water... mmmm.
Preparing the perfect meal.  (ok I haven't accomplished this yet, but it's fun to try.)
Ice cream.

Please feel free to post your favorite little things as well.

2 comments:

  1. oh fun! Ok here goes:

    Laying on a beach listening to the ocean
    a good treat
    watching Hallie sleep
    hanging with the BFF
    a good episode of Friends
    The soup
    getting something in the mail
    sleeping in
    a good football game
    my moms soup
    looking at the Target ads
    a great pair of shoes to lust over...and then buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made MANY perfect meals. Thanks for sharing some of them with us:) You are a sweetheart, Jilly. Thanks for being such a cute friend. I promise I'll return that tupperware, soon!!!

    ReplyDelete